Friday 9 December 2016

Introducing the Parksville Curling Club Manager's Blog

Christine and Graham Weatherby - west coast bound
Thank you, to everyone, for the wonderfully, friendly welcome I have received joining your Oceanside family! My wife, Christine, and I, are very happy to be a part of this exciting community and look forward to the opportunity of contributing when and where we can. Our holistic skin and body care company, Purple Essentials, will be opening soon in Qualicum Beach (shameless plug - 663 Beach Road - Unit 101 - purple-essentials.com) and we invite you all to drop by for a visit.

For those reading this who I have not yet met, I offer a brief bio. In 1990, as a student at Queen's University in Kingston, ON, I began working in the curling industry as a bartender at the Royal Kingston Curling Club - the second oldest curling club in Canada. My career at Royal Kingston spanned 26 years, the last 12 as General Manager. I will forever cherish the time I spent at this great club ... the joy - the laughter - the camaraderie - the challenges ... a lifetime of stories summed up in a few simple sentences doesn't due it justice, but I would need a book's worth of pages to accomplish that!  To my Royal Kingston family - be well.
  
In my new role as part-time Manager of the Parksville Curling Club, the facet of my job that has given me the most pleasure thus far, is definitely my daily interaction with club members. Whether it is chatting about ice conditions, discussing curling equipment, debating strategy or complaining about the unseasonable weather (which I have been accused of bringing west from Ontario - sorry), the time I get to spend talking face to face with members is the most rewarding. Unfortunately, my daytime office hours at the club do not provide me the same opportunity to interact with those members curling in evening leagues. So, in an effort to communicate more effectively with all members, I offer this blog as a tool for maintaining an open line to the office.

Here I will, among other things, attempt to:
  • highlight and summarize ongoing club activities
  • identify and discuss club services - what works ~ what needs improvement ~ what can be added
  • discuss many other curling related issues as they present themselves throughout the year, including Q&A from members
I invite you to contact me with any questions or suggestions you may have about the member experience at the Parksville Curling Club - either by email or by way of the suggestion box/registration fees box in the main lobby. I am dedicated to putting my experience to work enhancing your time at the club.

That's it for now - thanks for taking a read.  Good Curling! 

Graham

1 comment:

  1. Welcome and great job on the blog Graham. It's wonderful to have you onboard. Brian Onushko, PCC Director

    ReplyDelete